Invitation for submissions on proposed Management Plan amendments in the Bass Strait Central Zone Scallop Fishery and South-East Scalefish and Shark fishery
AFMA is proposing to make amendments to the Bass Strait Central Zone Scallop Fishery Management Plan 2002 (the BSCZSF Plan) and to the Southern and Eastern Scalefish and Shark Fishery Management Plan 2003 (the SESSF plan) to remove personal-use allowances. This means that fishers will no longer be able to take home a proportion of their catch for personal use without having it deducted from quota holdings first.
These changes are necessary so that the two Management Plans are consistent with the recently approved Quota Administration Policy and all other fishery Management Plans. The Policy requires that all quota species taken need to be accounted for against individual quota holdings.
AFMA invites interested persons to provide written submissions on the draft amendments to the BSCZSF and SESSF plans by 5pm on 13 May 2013.
Copies of the draft amendments to the BSCZSF Plan and the SESSF Plan are available on
AFMA’s website (www.afma.gov.au) or may be obtained by contacting AFMA on (02) 6225 5555.
Written submissions should be forwarded to:
- The Manager, Policy, Australian Fisheries Management Authority
Box 7051, Canberra Business Centre ACT 2610; or
- fax: (02) 6225 5500; or
- e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please contact Vyt Vilkaitis, Manager Policy, Environment and Economics on (02) 6225 5425 or email@example.com.
- Changes in the Gillnet, Hook and Trap Sector of the Southern and Eastern Scalefish and Shark Fishery to Protect Dolphins
- Draft Shark Plan 2
- Changes in the Gillnet, Hook and Trap Sector of the Southern and Eastern Scalefish and Shark Fishery
- Eastern Tuna and Billfish Fishery Management arrangements booklet 2011
- Freedom of Information