- Who we are
- Objectives, functions and powers
- AFMA Annual Reports
- Legislation and policy
- About our fisheries
- Tenders and other partnership opportunities
Graduate employment and development program
Applications for the 2015 Graduate Development Program are now open
AFMA has partnered with our Portfolio Agency Department of Agriculture for the 2015 Graduate Development Program (GDP).
Applications are open from 9.30am (AEST) Wednesday 16 April 2014 to 2.00pm (AEST) Wednesday 14 May 2014.
Applications are administrated by the Department of Agriculture on behalf of AFMA.
About the program
The Graduate Development Program was introduced as part of our strategy to ensure we have access to the skills we require to meet the objectives set out in our corporate plan. The program prepares graduates for a career as a future leader within AFMA by exposing you to a broad range of AFMA’s activities and a targeted training program.
The program includes:
- the opportunity to build on your degree and become part of a diverse and busy workplace which makes and implements decisions that are consistent with our and government policies for the efficient management and sustainable use of Commonwealth fish resources on behalf of the Australian community
- make a real difference in the management of Australian fisheries
- three diverse work rotations which includes one work rotation within the Department of Agriculture to equip you with the skills and knowledge required for a rewarding career in the agency and the Australian Public Service
- the completion of a Graduate Certificate in Public Administration
- training including communication skills, achieves results and promotes diversity
- a five day industry tour where you will meet with key industry stakeholders
- competitive remuneration, flexible working arrangements and conditions of employment
- relocation assistance where applicable
- mentoring by senior staff
- ongoing training, development and career opportunities on completion of the program.
Who are we looking for?
AFMA is looking for graduates with a genuine interest in establishing a career in natural resource management from the following academic disciplines, but are not limited to:
- natural resource management
- marine science
- fisheries management
- environmental science
- maritime and environmental law
- natural resource economics.
For more information about the AFMA Graduate Development Program you can contact the Recruitment Officer on (02) 6225 5444 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Changes in the Gillnet, Hook and Trap Sector of the Southern and Eastern Scalefish and Shark Fishery to Protect Dolphins
- Draft Shark Plan 2
- Changes in the Gillnet, Hook and Trap Sector of the Southern and Eastern Scalefish and Shark Fishery
- Eastern Tuna and Billfish Fishery Management arrangements booklet 2011
- Freedom of Information