AFMA's Client Service Charter
Principles and practices
In carrying out our work we will:
- conduct all functions in accordance with Australian Public Service Values, Code of Conduct and Australian law
- use plain English to improve engagement with persons of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- use open and transparent processes
- respond promptly to messages and inquiries
- provide information that is complete and accurate
- give stakeholders an opportunity for direct input into the fisheries management decision making process
- inform you about decisions that will affect you
- ensure that you are able to discuss the decisions which affect you with someone who is able to understand and respond to your concerns
- impartially apply relevant legislation, policy and guidelines.
NOTE: AFMA cannot provide legal or financial advice. If you have concerns about your individual legal or financial position, you should seek independent professional advice.