The Australian Fisheries Management Authority (AFMA) uses social media to share information about Commonwealth fisheries and the work we do.
You can find us on these social media channels:
AFMA encourages public interaction and communication about the content we post on our social media accounts. However, this does not imply that AFMA agrees with or accepts the content, opinions, or views expressed within any public comment.
We are not able to reply individually to all the messages we receive via Facebook however, we do read all comments and messages. Monitoring and responding to Facebook posts will generally occur during business hours only.
Messages through Facebook are not considered official correspondence. We recommend that you should contact AFMA directly by phone, email or in writing for:
- formal request, comment or enquiry
- reporting illegal fishing via CRIMFISH channels
- response to an item for public consultation.
We expect that participants will treat each other, as well as AFMA and our employees, with respect. We do not discriminate against any views but we reserve the right to delete any comment we deem:
- abusive, violent, obscene
- profane, hateful, sexist or racist
- threatening, harassing, or sexually explicit
- clearly off topic
- misleading or helping to spread false information/accusations
- inappropriate or offensive
- suggestive or encouraging of illegal activity
- copied and pasted multiple times
- libel, slander, or personal attacks of any kind, including the use of offensive terms that target specific individuals or groups
- spam, including content that promotes products or services or contains gratuitous links.
These comments will not be edited or modified, they will be removed. We reserve the right to terminate your access to this Facebook page and to delete any content posted by you. AFMA may report to Facebook all users posting inappropriate or offensive material and shall not be obliged to reinstate any individual it blocks.
AFMA does not guarantee or warrant that any information posted by individuals on the Facebook page as correct, and disclaims any liability for any loss or damage resulting from reliance on any such information.
Media enquiries for AFMA should be directed to email@example.com.
Social media contact
Fore enquires regarding AFMA’s use of social media, please email firstname.lastname@example.org