- 28-Day Quota Reconciliation in AFMA’s Fisheries
- Fee for Service Arrangements
- Online services
- AFMA’s video tutorials
- Service One
- Publications and forms
- Notices and announcements
- Licensing and quota management
- Vessel Monitoring Systems
- Logbooks and catch disposal
- The Observer Program
- MACs and RAGs
Notice – Industry membership on Tropical Tuna Resource Assessment Group
6 July 2010
AFMA is seeking nominations for the position of industry member for the new Tropical Tuna Resource Assessment Group (TTRAG). The TTRAG is tasked with providing harvest strategy, stock assessment, research and monitoring advice to the Management Advisory Committee (MAC) and AFMA on the key species captured in the Eastern Tuna and Billfish Fishery, Western Tuna and Billfish Fishery and Skipjack Tuna fisheries.
The focus of TTRAG in the near future will be on;
- setting of Recommended Biological Catches for the Eastern Tuna and Billfish Fishery;
- production of bycatch workplans for the Eastern and Western Tuna and Billfish fisheries;
- reviewing of research in the Eastern and Western Tuna and Billfish fisheries and the Skipjack fishery;
- reviewing of the Harvest Strategies and RBCs in both the Eastern and Western Tuna and Billfish Fisheries; and
- reviewing the sustainability of major non-target species.
The RAG typically has two meetings each year, usually each of one or two day’s duration. The position is honorary, however all travel, accommodation and meal costs are fully reimbursed.
Applicants need not be current operators in the fishery but must have a depth of understanding of fishery operations in the fisheries covered under TTRAG. AFMA will be seeking to have expertise from each of the fisheries covered under TTRAG. Key qualifications will be capacity to make active, constructive contributions to the RAG and a determination to help refine and finalise the resource assessment in TTRAG fisheries to ensure the continued success of these fisheries. Any questions on the industry RAG position should be directed to Trent Timmiss on (02) 6225 5313 or at email@example.com.
Apply for industry membership
- To apply please complete the application form (please fill in the form electronically) including a brief overview of your history and experience in fisheries, including what fisheries you have experience in.
- Forward the completed form by COB 16 July 2010 toTropical Tuna MAC Executive Officer
53 Dirty Creek Rd
Corindi NSW 2456
Fax: (02) 6649 2414 or
|Letter to industry (47kb)|
- Changes in the Gillnet, Hook and Trap Sector of the Southern and Eastern Scalefish and Shark Fishery to Protect Dolphins
- Draft Shark Plan 2
- Changes in the Gillnet, Hook and Trap Sector of the Southern and Eastern Scalefish and Shark Fishery
- Eastern Tuna and Billfish Fishery Management arrangements booklet 2011
- Freedom of Information