Updated 23 November 2017
The Small Pelagic Fishery (SPF) Scientific Panel met on 16-17 November 2017 in Melbourne. The key items on the agenda were:
- Jack Mackerel DEPM survey results
- Annual assessment of SPF stocks to inform 2018-19 TAC setting process
- Proposed new fishing methods in the SPF (jigging and line methods)
- Research Priorities for 2019-2020 and DEPM schedule
- Review scope for ongoing monitoring requirements in the SPF
- Spatial management in the SPF
The Scientific Panel’s draft advice, available on the SPF Scientific Panel page, will be presented to the next Small Pelagic Fishery Stakeholder Forum to be held on 6 December 2017 in Sydney. The Scientific Panel will finalise its advice, considering the comments provided at the Stakeholder Forum, at its subsequent meeting in January 2018.
Attendance at the Stakeholder Forum is by invitation only. To request an invitation, you must register your interest by emailing your name, email address, phone number and organisation or affiliation to SPFConsultation@afma.gov.au. Please note that registration does not guarantee an invitation.