- Letter of Transmittal
- User Guide
- Feature stories
- Performance Report
- Management and Accountability
- Our Fisheries
- Quick reference guide to domestic fisheries performance in 2010–11
- Antarctic fisheries
- Coral Sea Fishery
- Norfolk Island fisheries
- Northern Prawn Fishery
- North West Slope and Western Deepwater Trawl fisheries
- Southern and Eastern Scalefish and Shark Fishery
- Bass Strait Central Zone Scallop Fishery
- Southern Squid Jig Fishery
- Small Pelagic Fishery
- Eastern Tuna And Billfish Fishery
- Southern Bluefin Tuna Fishery
- Skipjack Tuna Fishery
- Western Tuna and Billfish Fishery
- Financial Statements
SMALL PELAGIC FISHERY
Australian Sardine, Jack Mackerel, Blue Mackerel and Redbait.
Estimated catch 2009-10:
Gross value of production:
DEVELOPMENTS IN 2010–11
- AFMA published the provisional grant of Statutory Fishing Rights in May 2010. A number of appeals were received by the Statutory Fishing Rights Allocation Review Panel in relation to that grant. The Panel has now heard all allocation appeals. The final grant of Statutory Fishing Rights will commence once the appeals are resolved.
- Activity in the fishery was low this year. Some permit holders were awaiting the outcomes of the appeals process. Other permit holders chose to concentrate their efforts in adjacent State fisheries.
- All major species are assessed in the ABARES Fishery Status Report 2009 as not overfished and not subject to overfishing, with the exception of Redbait- East, which is assessed as uncertain.
- The management advisory committee for this fishery was amalgamated in 2010–11 into the South East Management Advisory Committee. This will allow costs to be reduced, over time, and enable more integrated management of southern and south eastern fisheries.
- AFMA has also recently sought public comment on proposals to integrate the resource assessment group for this fishery with resource assessment groups of other south and south eastern fisheries, again to foster integrated management.