- Australian Sea Lion Management Strategy (PDF, 1 MB)
- Gillnet Dolphin Mitigation Strategy (PDF, 509KB)
- Small Pelagic Fishery Dolphin Mitigation Strategy (PDF, 581 KB)
- Upper-Slope Dogfish Management Strategy (PDF, 2 MB) and Upper-Slope Dogfish Research Monitoring Workplan
Commonwealth longline fisheries are also covered by the Seabird threat abatement plan.
- Seabird Threat Abatement Plan on the Australian Antarctic Division website
Commercial fish species under a stock rebuilding strategy are not targeted and are only taken incidentally when fishers are targeting other species.
AFMA develops stock rebuilding strategies in consultation with the fishing industry, the Department of the Environment, the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources and the relevant management advisory committee and resource assessment group.
These rebuilding strategies are reviewed every five years to monitor the progress of rebuilding and ensure the continued effectiveness of management arrangements which have been implemented.
Current rebuilding strategies:
AFMA has developed protected species management strategies and commercial fish species rebuilding strategies where concerns have been identified about the impact of commercial fishing on their sustainability.