AFMA is a flexible, learning and thinking organisation with a focus on continuous improvement. We employ highly skilled and motivated staff who are committed and passionate about managing the Commonwealth’s fisheries resources and achieving our vision and goals.
As a world leading fisheries management organisation we recognise that the performance and commitment of our staff is essential to our success. We try to provide a workplace where staff are encouraged and supported to reach their full potential.
As opportunities arise AFMA looks to employ staff for both ongoing and non-ongoing positions in a range of areas and at a range of levels, including:
- Fisheries management
- Natural resource management
- Compliance and enforcement
- Executive support
- Facilities management
- Customer servicing (Licensing)
- IT and developers
- Human resources, recruitment and payroll
- Records management
- Observer (at sea duties)
Temporary employment register
AFMA has a temporary employment register where you can lodge your interest for non-ongoing positions by completing the online application and submitting your resume. The temporary employment register is mostly used to fill short-term non-ongoing positions at short notice, however opportunities for longer term employment may arise from time to time.
Note: Your temporary employment application is valid for six months from the date that the application is submitted. To stay on the register you will need to reapply every six months.
Am I eligible
You must meet the following requirements to be eligible for employment with AFMA:
- Australian citizenship – you must be an Australian citizen
- redundancy benefits – your redundancy benefit period has expired. You can confirm your eligibility here
- integrity check – a police records check and confirmation of the details given in your application (employment history, references, educational qualifications and professional memberships).
If any of the above eligibility checks are unsatisfactory, you may be assessed as unsuitable for employment. If you have been offered the position, the offer may be withdrawn.
AFMA is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to the principles of workplace diversity. Staff are employed under the Public Service Act 1999.
View our employment policies
For enquiries, please contact recruitment [at] afma.gov.au