AFMA's Client Service Charter
As a client of AFMA, you are entitled to:
- equitable access to our services
- have your privacy respected in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988
- access information that we hold about you under the Freedom of Information Act 1982
- bring any deficiencies in AFMA’s administration to the attention of the Commonwealth Ombudsman
- have certain fisheries management decisions reviewed – most of our fisheries management decisions have statutory rights of review under the Fisheries Management Act 1991.
You can help us to help you by:
- providing your queries to us clearly in writing
- giving us accurate information within a reasonable timeframe
- ensuring that forms and documents are completed clearly, fully and in required detail
- giving us advance notice of any request for information or assistance so that we can plan to meet your request on time
- treating our staff courteously.