All personal information collected by Australian Fisheries Management Authority (AFMA) is protected by the Privacy Act 1988. Information on Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 can be found on the Office of the Privacy Commissioner’s website.
When you visit our website, AFMA makes a record of your visit and logs following information for statistical purposes, the:
- user’s server (IP) address and machine name
- date and time of your visit to the site
- previous site you have visited
- type of browser you are using
- pages accessed and documents downloaded
- number of bytes transmitted and received for each request.
This information does not identify you personally nor do we track information about individuals and their visits.
The data listed above is collected for the following purposes:
- website and system administration
- enhancement of the website to meet user needs
- research and development.
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except in the unlikely event of an investigation or where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect server logs or where the information is required to be produce at law.
The statistics and log files may be preserved indefinitely and used, at AFMA’s absolute discretion, at any time and in any way necessary to prevent security breaches and to ensure the integrity of the information supplied by AFMA.
Collection of personal information
Personal information collected by us, for example by email by use of an online form or for online subscriptions, will only:
- be collected by lawful and fair means
- be used for lawful purposes
- be collected with your consent which is deemed to be given upon you using the site
- be used for the purpose it is collected.
The AFMA subscriptions management system is hosted by Campaign Monitor. For further information on their collection and use of personal information please refer to their privacy statement, located at http://www.campaignmonitor.com/privacy/.
Use of information collected
If you email us:
- We will only record your email address if you send us a message
- Your email address will only be used for the purpose for which you provide it
- Your email address will not be added to a mailing list unless requested by you
- We will not disclose your email address without your consent
While AFMA endeavours to provide a secure internet environment, users should note there are inherent risks associated with transmission of information via the internet. Therefore users should make their own assessment of the potential risks to the security of their information when making a decision as to whether or not they should utilise external sites that are linked to or from the AFMA website and other AFMA web-based services.
If you have further questions regarding our privacy guidelines please contact us either directly on (02) 6225 5555 or via our email to email@example.com . You may also obtain further information from the Office of the Privacy Commissioner’s website privacy.gov.au.
Links to other sites
Links to other websites are inserted for convenience and do not constitute endorsement of material at those sites, or any associated organisation, product or services.