Management advisory committee members are contractors appointed by the AFMA Commission under Division 5 – Committees, of the Fisheries Administration Act 1991 (PDF, 3.9 MB) (FAA). Appointments are statutory, so members are considered AFMA officers. Members are paid sitting fees and and can seek reimbursement for expenses incurred. Member may also be eligible to receive 15.4 per cent superannuation.
Read the Fisheries Management Paper 1 – Management Advisory Committees or more information on the operation of management advisory committees.
Upcoming management advisory committee meeting dates
|SEMA||1-2 November 2017||Canberra|
|TTMAC||16 November 2017||Sydney|
|GABMAC||Week of 20 November 2017||TBC|
Rates for daily sitting fees and travel expenses
Members are entitled to claim a daily sitting fee for attendance at committee meetings and a daily travel allowance to cover accommodation, meals and incidentals. Members may also claim reimbursement of other expenses, such as parking and taxis. The amounts are determined by the Remuneration Tribunal.
The current daily sitting fee amounts are:
- chairs – $747 per day
- members – $561 per day.
Making a claim: for management advisory committee members
Claims for daily sitting fees and expenses must be submitted within three months of the meeting you are claiming for. You can submit your claim by completing the following forms, and sending to your Executive Officer. You must attach copies of receipts for any expenses being claimed. Sitting fees can only be claimed for the number of hours or days that the meeting took place. Allowances are only payable if there is at least one overnight stay (section 3.3 Day Travel in RTD number 2004/03)
- MAC Chair and member daily sitting fee claim form (Word)
- MAC Travel Allowance and Mileage Rates claim form (Word)
If a members payment for one month exceeds $450 they are eligible to receive 15.4 per cent superannuation for that month, payed into an Australian Taxation Office authorised superannuation fund. A PSSap super account will be opened for members whose nominated superannuation fund is not Australian Taxation Office authorised.
Members must complete and return the following forms to their Executive Officer:
- Superannuation Standard Choice Form – this is an ATO requirement
- Superannuation fund details form (PDF, 8kb) – details of where superannuation contributions should be paid
- PSSap application form – only for members whose preferred super fund is not Australian Taxation Office authorised.
New management advisory committee members
All new management advisory committee members must complete and return the following forms to their relevant Executive Officer:
- an Australian Taxation Office Tax File Declaration form – available from the ATO or most newsagencies
- a Members Payment Details form (PDF, 304 KB)
- a Vendor Creation form (PDF, 128kb)