AFMA seeking Chairs for a range of MACs and RAGs
The Australian Fisheries Management Authority (AFMA) is reminding suitable applicants to apply for the Chair positions currently available on AFMA’s Management Advisory Committees and Resource Assessment Groups.
Management Advisory Committees are statutory bodies that provide AFMA with management advice. They report to the AFMA Commission on policy and operational matters, where relevant, relating to the management of Commonwealth fisheries, including scientific, research and other information about the status of fish stocks and the impact of fishing on the marine environment.
Available Management Advisory Committee (MAC) positions:
- South East Management Advisory Committee (SEMAC)
- Great Australian Bight Management Advisory Committee (GABMAC)
- Southern Bluefin Tuna Management Advisory Committee (SBTMAC)
Find more information on the MAC Chair positions on AFMAs website.
Resource Assessment Groups are the key research and scientific committees for supporting the management of Commonwealth fisheries. The main function of RAGs is to peer review scientific data and information and provide advice to AFMA on the status of fish stocks, sub-stocks, species (target and non-target species), the economic status of fisheries and the impact of fishing on the marine environment. This advice assists AFMA in its role to regulate commercial fishing of Commonwealth fisheries.
Available Resource Assessment Group (RAG) positions:
- Great Australian Bight Resource Assessment Group (GABRAG)
- Bass Strait Central Zone Scallop Fishery Resource Assessment Group (ScallopRAG)
- Shark Resource Assessment Group (SharkRAG)
- Small Pelagic Fishery Resource Assessment Group (SPFRAG)
- South East Resource Assessment Group (SERAG)
- Southern and Eastern Scalefish and Shark Fishery Resource Assessment Group (SESSFRAG)
- Southern Squid Jig Fishery Resource Assessment Group (SquidRAG)
- Sub-Antarctic Resource Assessment Group (SARAG)
- Tropical Tuna Resource Assessment Group (TTRAG)
Find more information on the RAG Chair positions on AFMAs website.
Please contact Steve Hall on (02) 6225 5341 or email Steve.Hall@afma.gov.au if you require further information about the role of RAG Chairs and the selection process.