The Small Pelagic Fishery Resource Assessment Group (SPFRAG) provides scientific and economic advice and recommendations to the South East Management Advisory Committee (SEMAC), AFMA management, and the AFMA Commission on the status of target stocks, harvest rates and total allowable catches, and the impact of fishing on the marine environment.
The next meeting of SPFRAG will be held in December 2022.
Recent discussion topics
Some recent discussion topics of the SPFRAG include:
- Bycatch and Discard Workplan
- SPF 2022-23 Research Priorities
- SPF Five Year Strategic Research Plan
Download the minutes of the December 2021 SPF Resource Assessment Group Meeting 04.
Current research priorities
- Annual Monitoring, reporting and assessment of marine mammal interactions, including effectiveness of mitigation measures.
Members are appointed for the period 1 July 2019 until 30 June 2022.
- Mr Max Kitchell, Chair
- Dr Lara Ainley, AFMA member
- Prof Caleb Gardner, economic member
- Dr Tim Ward, scientific member
- Mr Andrew Penney, scientific member
- Mr Gerry Geen, industry member
- Ms Anissa Lawrence, conservation member
- Mr Malcolm Poole, recreational member
- Dr Jeremy Lyle, invited participant (scientific)
Tel: 02 6225 5479
Email: max.bayly [at] afma.gov.au