The South East Management Advisory Committee is the overarching committee that provides management advice to AFMA for the following fisheries:
- Southern and Eastern Scalefish and Shark Fishery (including the Gillnet Hook and Trap Sector and the South Eastern Trawl Sector)
- Small Pelagic Fishery
- Southern Squid Jig Fishery
SEMAC provides management advice to the AFMA Commission and AFMA management on efficient and cost effective fisheries management, and provides an avenue for consultation between industry, policy, conservation, state and territory governments, recreational and research fields.
SEMAC receives scientific advice from the:
- Southern and Eastern Scalefish and Shark Fishery Resource Assessment Group
- Squid Resource Assessment Group
- Small Pelagic Fishery Resource Assessment Group and Stakeholder Forums
- South East Resource Assessment Group, and the
- Shark Resource Assessment Group.
The committee uses this scientific advice to inform their management advice.
The date of the next meeting is to be confirmed.
*note if you require a hard copy or accessible version of the SEMAC meeting minutes, please contact AFMA 02 6225 5555.
Past decisions and outcomes can be found on the South East Management Advisory Committee past meetings page.
Further information on the current research priorities for the Southern and Eastern Scalefish and Shark Fishery, the Small Pelagic Fishery, and the Southern Squid Jig Fishery can be found under the ‘Fishery Publications’ tab of each fisheries web page.
Members are appointed for the period 1 July 2022 to 31 December 2023.
- Dr David McGlennon, Chair
- Mr Mark Grubert, AFMA member
- Dr Paul McShane, research member
- Ms Anissa Lawrence, environment/conservation member
- Mr Simon Boag, industry member
- Mr Will Mures, industry member
- Mr Gerry Geen, industry member
- Mr Kyri Toumazos
- Dr Sarah Jennings, scientific member-economics
- Mr John Harrison, recreational member