The Southern Bluefin Tuna Management Advisory Committee is the principal forum where issues relating to the Southern Bluefin Tuna Fishery are discussed, problems identified and possible solutions developed.
It also provides an avenue for consultation between industry, managers, researchers, environment and conservation groups, and state government officers. The committee continues to be AFMA’s main source of advice on the management of the fishery. The committee holds an annual public meeting each year.
- Proposed amendments to the transfer weighing procedure
- Noted the outcomes of the Commission for the Conservation of Southern Bluefin Tuna Extended Scientific Committee meeting.
- Research priorities in the Southern Bluefin Tuna Fishery
- TACC setting in the Southern Bluefin Tuna Fishery.
The next committee meeting is scheduled for September 2023.
List of the current research projects related to the committee.
Past decisions and outcomes can be found on the Southern Bluefin Tuna Management Advisory Committee meetings page.
Members are appointed for the period 1 July 2022 until 30 June 2025.
- Mr Max Kitchell, Chair
- Ms Selina Stoute, AFMA member
- Dr David Galeano, scientific member
- Mr Glenn Sant, environment/conservation member
- Mr Andrew Wilkinson, industry member
- Mr Marcus Stehr, industry member
- Mr Phil Turner, industry member
- Mr Terry Romaro, industry member
- Mr Brett Cleary, recreational/charter fishing member
- Prof Gavin Begg, state government invited participant
- Mr Brian Jeffriess, industry invited participant
- Mr David Ellis, industry invited participant