On this page
The Sub-Antarctic Management Advisory Committee (SouthMAC) is the principal forum where issues relating to the Heard Island and McDonald Islands Fishery and the Macquarie Island Toothfish Fishery are discussed, problems identified and possible solutions developed.
It also provides an avenue for consultation between industry, managers, researchers, environment and conservation groups, and government officers. The committee continues to be AFMA’s main source of advice on the management of the sub-Antarctic fisheries. The committee holds an annual public meeting each year.
- Total allowable catches for mackerel icefish and Patagonian toothfish
- Climate change and fisheries
- CCAMLR outcomes
Download the SouthMAC SouthMAC – November 2022 (PDF).
Past decisions and outcomes can be found on the Sub-Antarctic Management Advisory Committee past meetings page.
- Mr Peter Neville, Chair
- Mr Brodie Macdonald, AFMA member
- Dr Philippe Ziegler, research member
- Ms Lyn Goldsworthy, environment/conservation member
- Mr Rhys Arangio, industry member
- Mr Malcolm McNeil, industry member
- Ms Lihini Weragoda, government member
Page last updated: 17/02/2023